Rorie’s new EP, ‘Dawn,’ (out November 3, 2017) is a lush combination of electro and cinematic pop, while still maintaining her signature, singer-songwriter sound. The EP was produced by award-winning producer Tommee Profitt. As a whole, Rorie’s music tells stories of heartache and hope. In July 2016, she released her debut EP, ‘Singing & Silence,’ which was featured in the iTunes Singer-Songwriter New Artist Spotlight. Produced by Chad Copelin (Sufjan Stevens, Andrew Belle), these songs feature intricate composition, uplifting melodies, and thought-provoking lyrics. Prior to this, Rorie released a single, “Restore,” which was funded by 98 Kickstarter backers. The song was inspired by her time working for an anti-human trafficking non-profit in NYC, and has resulted in bi-annual donations to organizations that are doing this important work.
- 'DAWN' EP, produced by Tommee Profitt reached #7 on the iTunes Singer-Songwriter chart
- Debut EP, 'Singing & Silence' produced by Chad Copelin (Sufjan Stevens, Andrew Belle, Ben Rector), featured top 5 in the iTunes Singer-Songwriter New Artist Spotlight
- Successful Kickstarter campaign with 98 backers helping to bring "Restore" song and video to life. "Restore" was produced by Sam Ashworth (Switchfoot, Joy Williams) and engineered by Richie Biggs (The Civil Wars, Amy Grant) All profits from song downloads of “Restore” are donated to Nomi Network and Restore NYC.
- Climate Music Video produced by Open Valve Studios, Los Angeles based film company
- Headlined EP Release Show at Jammin Java in Vienna, VA
- Opened for Charlotte Martin, Leroy Sanchez, Reeve Carney, and Emily Hearn
- Performed at venues such as Rockwood Music Hall, The Bitter End, The Living Room, etc. in NYC and World Cafe Live in Philadelphia
- Performed at Nomi Network gala overlooking Central Park in NYC
- Performed at Anthropologie in Georgetown, DC on Black Friday for over 2K customers throughout the day, sold EP in store
- Hosted a community event and performance during Fall 2016 at Anthropologie in Old Town Alexandria, sold EP in store
Lemonade Magazine: "And let’s not forget that beyond that near-perfect voice, the Washington, DC-based artist has a gift in her ability to turn a phrase that keeps her lyrics approachable and relatable. Rorie‘s brilliance can also be noted in her hopeful storytelling throughout the EP [...] Rorie is everything you could want in an artist and it all shines through on Dawn."
Ellenwood EP: "...it’s obvious that Rorie will quickly become a well known solo artist of her own right. With two standout EPs under her belt so soon in her musical career, she is definitely one to keep an eye on in the future."
Wolf in a Suit: "Cinematic indie pop soundscape that houses verses that hit deep and hit true while being delivered by a voice that is mesmerizing and full of emotions and a story that can be felt as ours – fall in love with the verses, the melody and that unknown that exudes from Rorie."
A Bit of Pop Music: "The collection of four songs moves between anthemic ballads (‘Fall and Rise’) and mysterious electronic pop (‘Measureless’). ‘Gold’ is a strings and piano driven gem and title track ‘Dawn’ might be the catchiest and poppiest one of them all. All four tracks have a distinct identity and yet they blend so well with each other. Stunning EP!"
Playlistplay: (Dawn Single Premiere) "Her gorgeous voice is lowered down to a subtle but powerful tone, allowing us to relate to the downtrodden feeling of not being able to see a clear path forward..."
Atwood Magazine: (Storyteller Single and Music Video Premiere) "Authenticity rings through her words, and feeling through her music."
Playlistplay: "Rorie makes expertly arranged piano pop with lyrics grounded in reality and vocals that border on perfection."
Big City Thoughts: (Climate Music Video Premiere) "Singer-Songwriter Rorie is back with another stunning music video for her song 'Climate.'"
Hometown Sounds: "'Storyteller' got the music video treatment from Stephen Stonestreet of Charlottesville’s Stonestreet Creative, and it beautifully presents this young singer-songwriter poised for wider attention."