Rorie’s new EP, ‘Dawn,’ (out November 3, 2017) is a lush combination of electro and cinematic pop, while still maintaining her signature, singer-songwriter sound. The EP was produced by award-winning producer Tommee Profitt. As a whole, Rorie’s music tells stories of heartache and hope. In July 2016, she released her debut EP, ‘Singing & Silence,’ which was featured in the iTunes Singer-Songwriter New Artist Spotlight. Produced by Chad Copelin (Sufjan Stevens, Andrew Belle), these songs feature intricate composition, uplifting melodies, and thought-provoking lyrics. Prior to this, Rorie released a single, “Restore,” which was funded by 98 Kickstarter backers. The song was inspired by her time working for an anti-human trafficking non-profit in NYC, and has resulted in bi-annual donations to organizations that are doing this important work.
- 'DAWN' EP produced by Tommee Profitt to be released Fall 2017
- Debut EP, 'Singing & Silence' produced by Chad Copelin (Sufjan Stevens, Andrew Belle, Ben Rector)
- "Singing & Silence" featured in the iTunes Singer-Songwriter New Artist Spotlight
- Successful Kickstarter campaign with 98 backers helping to bring "Restore" song and video to life. "Restore" was produced by Sam Ashworth (Switchfoot, Joy Williams) and engineered by Richie Biggs (The Civil Wars, Amy Grant) All profits from song downloads of “Restore” are donated to Nomi Network and Restore NYC.
- Climate Music Video produced by Open Valve Studios, Los Angeles based film company
- Headlined EP Release Show at Jammin Java in Vienna, VA
- Opened for Charlotte Martin, Leroy Sanchez, Reeve Carney, and Emily Hearn
- Performed at Anthropologie in Georgetown, DC on Black Friday for over 2K customers throughout the day, sold EP in store
- Hosted a community event and performance during Fall 2016 at Anthropologie in Old Town Alexandria, sold EP in store
Wolf in a Suit: "Cinematic indie pop soundscape that houses verses that hit deep and hit true while being delivered by a voice that is mesmerizing and full of emotions and a story that can be felt as ours – fall in love with the verses, the melody and that unknown that exudes from Rorie."
Playlistplay: (Dawn Single Premiere) "Her gorgeous voice is lowered down to a subtle but powerful tone, allowing us to relate to the downtrodden feeling of not being able to see a clear path forward..."
Atwood Magazine: (Storyteller Single and Music Video Premiere) "Authenticity rings through her words, and feeling through her music."
Playlistplay: "Rorie makes expertly arranged piano pop with lyrics grounded in reality and vocals that border on perfection."
Big City Thoughts: (Climate Music Video Premiere) "Singer-Songwriter Rorie is back with another stunning music video for her song 'Climate.'"
Hometown Sounds: "'Storyteller' got the music video treatment from Stephen Stonestreet of Charlottesville’s Stonestreet Creative, and it beautifully presents this young singer-songwriter poised for wider attention."